Virtual Fruit Tree Consulting and Coaching
Now offering full virtual consulting and coaching services for fruit tree gardeners, home orchardists and commercial orchardists. These services have been developed for Canadians located in British Columbia. If you live outside British Columbia, or have questions about this service, please contact me by phone, text or email to discuss. Consultations require an email, phone number and geographic location. Fruit trees follow different timetables and experience different problems in different areas, knowing where they are growing is critical to to me being able to help you.
Virtual Consulting and Coaching Services
- Quick Identifications and Recommendations – usually takes 10 min
- Insects and diseases and damage from them
- Fruit disorders not caused by insects or diseases
- Tree disorders not caused by insects or diseases
- Espalier fruit trees – best as a sequence of several coaching sessions From January to October
- Tree shape or form selection
- Trellis design
- Tree selection and how to start
- Structural tree training
- Fruit production tree training
- Planning, coaching and trouble shooting garden and commercial fruit tree planting/establishment:
- Site evaluation
- Rootstock and variety selection
- Locating trees or rootstocks
- Training and pruning all types and forms of fruit trees
- Tree forms for gardens
- Orchard systems – Tall Spindle, Super Spindle, and more
- Pruning and training for increased fruit production
- Permanent container fruit tree culture for patios, decks, balconies and rooftops
- Integrated and organic pest and disease management planning
- Problem animal and bird management strategies
- Tree nutrition – macro and micro elements
- Irrigation and drainage planning
- Trellis designs
Virtual consultation tools:
- Phone – discussions about images sent via email and text to 778-549-4077
- SMS/Text – text, images, video and/or documents to 778-549-4077
- Email text, images, video, or documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Transfer images, video and documents using online services – OneDrive, DropBox, WhatsApp or similar.
- Live interactive consulting and coaching using Zoom or similar. This works best if you take your phone or tablet into your garden or orchard. Using the rear or back camera of your phne you can show me your trees so we can discuss them as though I was there. You will need to use Cellular Data if your Wifi does not reach to your trees.
An example virtual consultation:
A Zoom consultation with a commercial cider orchardist. We connected from my desktop computer to her cell phone and she gave me an outdoor virtual tour of her orchard discussing everything from tree training to pest and disease issues. Consultations can be with one person, as this one was, or with a camera person so you can be in the picture. Consultations can be recorded as a way to take notes.
My consulting fee is $150 per hour. All consultations are in 10 min increments and will be invoiced. First consultations, other than quick identifications, are recommended to be a minimum of 30 min. All fees are subject to 5% GST. A 10 min consultation is $26.25. A half hour consultation is $78.75. Payment is via electronic transfer (if this is not possible please contact me to make other arrangements).